Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Weekend!

For Father's Day weekend Rod, Caden and I headed out of town to Hermiston to visit Rod's dad & Sandy. We had a great time. We got there about 9:00 on Friday night and just hung out. Caden and grandpa had a great time playing together. Grandpa let Caden play on the piano so that kept him very entertained. On Satuday we got up and headed over to a really nice park and let Caden play for about an hour. We went and had lunch at a Chinese Restaurant with Ralph's brother Dave and his daughter Tammy and her two kids. We then went back to Ralph & Sandy's since we were all pretty tired and Caden needed a nap. We got up around 4:30 and got the boat ready and headed off to Pendleton where we went fishing. I am happy to say that I caught the first fish, but I think that Grandpa and Caden caught the biggest fish. We caught 35fish in all; 5 perch and 30 croppy (sp). Grandpa let Caden drive the boat on the way back to shore and he thought that was pretty neat. Grandpa and Caden were best buddies over the weekend, Caden didn't really want anything to do with Rod or I, everything was about Grandpa - it was cute. We went to church on Sunday and then out to eat at Shari's and then we headed back home. We stopped in Parma on our way through to say hi to Caden's other grandparents and to wish Steve a Happy Father's Day. Caden got Rod a gift certificate for 18 holes and golf cart at Boise Ranch Golf Coarse so Rod was really excited about that. We had an awesome weekend. I have pictures but I left my camera at Pat & Steve's house on Sunday so I will upload them as soon as I get it back. In the mean time here is a picture of Rod, Caden & I last week when we went hiking and had had a picnic at Camel's Back park.

1 comments:

mammalucas said...

hey. ya we have decided on Layla Marie...we also like Mia (Mee-ya) but we are not going to decide for sure until she gets here....More than likely though its going to be Layla.