Monday, March 30, 2009

Working on my nursery

So we had a very busy weekend. On Saturday we rearranged our bedroom so that our bed is now in front of our windows and we were able to move in our computer desk, filing cabinet and printer into our bedroom. We had all that set up in the baby's room. It is amazing how adding another addition to our family makes our house seem so small. I worked on getting the baby's room all cleaned up and Rod and I's clothes out of her closet. On Sunday we were supposed to go help some friends of ours build raised boxes for their garden but it was so cold and windy that we were home bound, so against my husbands will he got roped into painting. But, a case of beer and he was happy. We painted three walls purple and one wall green. My bumper is colored poka dots on one side and pink and white stripped on the other side and I got matching sheets along with some flowered sheets to go with it. I just love Targets baby selection. I got my swing and car seat all cleaned up since it smelled of baby vomit (thanks Finn:)) he is a bit of a pucker. I just need to get my crib set up and changing table set up and we should be good to go. My dad is making my dresser (hopefully) so I think that I have everything covered. We had a really busy weekend but I am glad to get the painting done and out of the way. We did most of it when Caden was taking his nap and when he woke up he just sat on the bed in their and watched us. He wanted to know why we didn't paint it pink (that's his favorite color) His daddy just took another drink of beer and walked away. Rod took him to get his hair cut last week and Caden came home with a purple balloon. Rod tried to convince him to take the blue, green or yellow - but no,he had his mind set on the purple one - I thought it was cute!




2 comments:

Mommy said...

What a cute room!! Isnt is amazing how one more kid takes up so much room.
Nicole

The White Barn Collection said...

So cute! I love the bumper! So now what names do you have picked out?