Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Awesome yard selling!

So...I have never considered myself a yard seller but I have been doing a little here and there lately since we are having a girl and it is so expensive to buy new clothes and accessories. I have pretty much stocked my girl clothes through yard sales and Craigslist. Everything that I have gotten is in great shape with no stains or tears for between .25 cents and $1.00 (can't beat that). Plus my wonderful friend Jen who has two girls and is currently having a boy supplied me with girl clothes as well. Anyways...back to my yard selling story...so I went out with my sister-in-law on Saturday and we found some killer deals. I didn't have a crib mattress yet but I found one for $3.00 at a yard sale...SCORE! It had a rip on the bottom but nothing a little duck tape can't fix (I think that my dad would be proud of me). I cleaned it up when I got home and put the mattress pad, sheets and bumper on the crib and it is now complete. The other amazing find that I got that I am so thrilled about (nobody seems to be as excited as I am, except for Caden) was twin doll cribs. Stephanie and I had them when we were little girls and we played with them all the time. So...I got this set for $5.00, they have a care bear lining on the inside of them and are just as cute as can be. I got two baby dolls for .50 cents a piece and took them home and washed them up. I went to the dollar store and got two outfits and a bottle. Caden has been playing daddy ever since Saturday. He loves those babies. He is constantly going into sister's room where the cribs are set up and checking on them, putting them on the potty and feeding them. He is going to be a great big brother. Plus, mommy loves to play house and dress dolls so it has been just as fun for me. Rod on the other hand smiles and tries to be happy that his son is playing with dolls...I keep telling him that it's to prepare him for when the baby arrives.




1 comments:

Mommy said...

There is nothing wrong with him playing with dolls. My Grandma got one for Dallon when I was having Todd...it was wonderful. I think it helped out with all the jealousy that comes along with a new baby. He wasnt jealous at all since he had his own. Just think Caden will have two and you will only have one. Maybe you will be jealous. Now Toddy plays with the doll.
Nicole