Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Camping Trip of The Year

Rod, Caden and I went camping on for Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. We left on Friday and headed towards Idaho City, then we drove about 45 minutes outside of Idaho City to a gorgeous campground. We got out tent set up just when the rain started pouring down. We were with a big group of people and there were lots of big tents set up so we were able to stay out of the rain. Our tent is really nice and water proof so we stayed really warm. Caden had a blast, he ran around playing with the kids and just being a boy. On Saturday we went for about a couple mile hike into the woods, it was really pretty. Poor Rod was pretty tired when we got back to camp, he carried Caden in a back pack the entire trip. I did end up carrying Rod's 40 pounds hunting jacket though so I wasn't packin light myself. Rod made up some of his marinated chicken breasts for dinner on Saturday night, everyone loved them and he was very pleased with himself. We took off around 11:00 or so on Sunday - we were pretty tired and I knew that I had lots of laundry to come home to. Rod had to work on Monday so Caden and I did some grocery shopping and then I mowed the lawn for Rod so that he didn't have to come home and do it after working all day - sometimes I can be nice!!! We barbequed Monday night and then Tuesday it was off to work again - bummer! This week will go by fast though - we are headed up to Cottonwood this weekend to visit my family until Monday so I am really looking forward to that. I haven't seen my sister Stephanie in a while and I am sure that belly of her's is really sticking out and I can't wait to give it a big rub!!! Hope everyone has a nice week!

0 comments: