Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to Cottonwood

Rod, Caden and I left for Cottonwood on Friday night to visit with my parents and sisters. My grandma and grandpa Wassmuth were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary and my mom was having her 50th birthday on Sunday. All 11 kids in my dad's family set up tents/campers out at my grandparents farm and camped out all weekend for the celebration of the 60th party. Caden got to go camping with my mom and dad while Rod and I stayed at the their house in town (I wanted a bed). Caden enjoyed sleeping in the camper with Hunter and Cole. Hunter is my sister Karel's boyfriend Chris's son and he is so cute. He is 4 years old so he fits in really well with Cole and Caden. He is just as stubborn as both Cole and Caden so at times it got a little interesting. They always seemed to be fighting over the same bike (although their was enough for everyone) I guess that is just what kids do. Saturday there was a big meet and greet where all of grandma and grandpa's friends could stop by and visit them, it was really nice. My dad got out the old tractor and let all the grandkids sit on it and take pictures. Caden loved it. We had a big bon fire out in the field Saturday night so that was really fun. Sunday morning Stephanie and I stayed in town at mom and dad's while Rod and Riley went out to the farm for breakfast and to get the boys. We had a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom from 11-2 so we needed to get some things ready. Mom showed up at the house around 10:30 and we yelled surprise at her and told her she had a 1/2 hour to shower and get ready since all her friends were showing up at 11:00. She was really shocked and it was so much fun. I really appreciate all of the family and friends that showed up to help make her day special. We had big tarps set up in the backyard since it was raining and we had great food! Thank you to everyone who brought a salad or appetizer. The boys had fun playing in the rain and blowing bubbles that mom gave them. We got home around 7:00 Sunday evening. Dad had my dresser finished so I was able to bring that home and Rod and I got Lainey's room completely set up. The dresser makes it look complete. Plus, Stephanie's sister in law Adrian gave me to huge bins of 0-6 month clothes - this little girl has more clothes than anyone I know. Caden was telling me how pretty all the little dresses were and wanted to know if he could put it on. 0-3 month wouldn't even fit over his head. Hope that everyone else had a great weekend to.

0 comments: